Friday, November 02, 2007

Holy Hectic!

My gosh! I just realized how long it's been since I've posted. The last couple of weeks have been crazy--mid-term exams for my MBA, working like a dog, at least three trips to the yarn store(s), two new pets...oh, and big huge shoulder sugery for my DH, which turned out to be a lot bigger deal than expected, so my knee surgery is postponed for a couple of weeks (thank goodness!).

The surgery stuff did mean a couple of days off playing nursemaid (and lots of knitting!). I started some socks, finished a present for my swap partner, and swatched up a ton of stuff. I've got a few new designs I'm working up, which is so much fun to watch something take shape. I actually love the swatching process---it's almost like painting or sketching, just in yarn. I also like how the ideas change and evolve during swatching--something I thought might work suddenly doesn't, while something else magically takes shape. And the yarns I've been finding lately are deee-vine.

Oh, and I found out that I'm still in the Ravelry queue. The bad news is that there are about 1200 people ahead of me. The good news is that there are 11,510 people behind me! Holy COW!

More tomorrow...it's nearly midnight and I should be sleeping!

No comments: