Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ooops du Jour


So I found some great Patons "Katrina" yarn, on sale. Like really, really on sale....I think it was a dollar a skein. Love it--chocolate brown (mmmmm), sorta shiny-ish, stretchy. And I needed a nice, plain little cardi, so I started whipping up the Chic Knits Scoop du Jour. The design was exactly what I was looking for, but the designing left quite a bit to be desired, and I kept making all kinds of changes to it. The more I consider designing myself, the more I appreciate patterns with forethought.

But anyway, yarn substitution is just evil, because no matter how good my remedial math skills are (and yea, by the way, I did pass my remedial summer math course and can now move up to just above remedial math!), I calculated wrong.
So, my Scoop du Jour just turned into a big Oops du Jour. But it's going to work out just fine, maybe even better as a great additition to my wardrobe! I ripped out the sleeve-and-a-half, and the two front pieces, then I started reworking the sleeve into an elbow sleeve and the front will now become a pull-over style instead of a button up. Voila!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oops du jour! Funny! Although, not so funny when it means that knitting is messed up. That's not funny at all.